Where to Look for Coupons
There are lots of coupons up for grabs, if you know where to find them. By far, the best places to look are:
- Newspapers- the Smart Source and Red Plum coupon inserts appear on a near-monthly basis. The PG brandsaver insert appears every 2 months.
- Online- websaver, save.ca and brandsaver are some of the best.
- In store- look for coupons on store shelves, on products and on the back of your receipts. Also look for coupons to print out at the register.
- Manufacturer coupons- Coupons on the actual products such as cereal boxes.
- Online- look to extremecouponingcanada.net for loads of printable coupons.
- Junk mail- high-value manufacturer coupons have started to appear in junk mailers, so be sure to look before you toss
- Direct from the manufacturer- check manufacturer websites for printable coupons or contact companies (by mail, e-mail or phone) to request coupons
- On products- look in and on the packaging of the products that you buy for special loyalty coupons
How to Keep Coupons OrganizedThere are lots of ways to organize coupons; the key is to find the approach that works best for you. Whichever approach you choose, there are several things that you can do to ensure that your coupons remain neat and accessible:
- Develop a filing system. Many couponers organize their coupons by grocery category--dairy, frozen foods, deli, etc. – but it's not the only way to go. Find a filing system that works for you--by aisle, by expiration, etc. – and put it into action.
- Find a organizer to hold your coupons. Use a recipe box, a storage container, a coupon binder, a coupon wallet – it doesn't matter what you choose – but it's important to have a place for all of those coupons.
- Purge regularly. Expired coupons won't save you money, so don't let them hog space in your coupon file. Set a schedule for purging expired coupons
How to Maximize Your Savings:
- Shop at stores that double coupons
- Keep your coupons with you at all times – you never know when a deal might show up
- Match coupons to sales – use a site like ours to help you match flyers to sales and coupons
- Learn each store's coupon policy. Call or visit the website.